I recently watched the episode "Knight Time," although technically a STAS episode, and it reminded me of when I was reading comics between RIP and Battle for the Cowl:
-Batman is missing
-Gotham is being picked into pieces by villains
-Tim Drake (Robin) is left to defend the city while everyone else is busy
However in Grant-Morrison-Free-Land then, Superman steps in and is takin numbers!
Although I really dislike Superman, I loved this episode. It seems very likely that Clark would cover for Batman and would do a good job. Hell, being indestructible actually keeps up the Batman lore and scares even Bane, preventing a back-break.
So in real-life-ish while I was reading comics, watching Tim go through the motions as Robin pretending Batman is still alive, I knew something was missing, that the story was kind of half-empty. My childhood prepared me for a time of missing Batman, and I was waiting for his appropriate fill in.

In other news, I've been noticing on deviantArt that people are already preparing for Dick's return as Nightwing and coming up with new costume ideas for him.
*sigh* I guess I should face that it will be happening. I love Dick Grayson, but I'm not sure I love him as Batman. The idea is spectacular - a jolly Bat and a brooding Robin - but I'm not very impressed by what I've read so far.
It's just so, idk, half-assed.
It convinced me to stop putting hope in Morrison and giving him money!
Yeah yeah, the art is pretty. Jim Lee's is pretty too but that does NOT mean that All-Star Batman & Robin was a joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment